clever solution prevents lost production time
Industry Vertical: Mining & Infrastructure
Mode of Transportation: Air Freight
Load: 130 tonnes SAG Liner plates
Location: South Australia to Thailand
Date: December 2012
A minerals and exploration producer in South East Asia.
Our client’s production schedule was severely stressed when some critical processing machinery was deemed inoperable - impacting the mineral process operation. Airland was requested to find a solution for transporting 130 tonnes of processing equipment in the fastest time possible from Adelaide to Bangkok.
Our responsiveness, innovative approach and ability to deliver two weeks faster than our competition ensured we won this assignment. Leveraging our industry connections and airfreight partners our mining specialists delivered the following solution:
- Collection of 130 tonnes of SAG liner plates within 12 hours of engagement.
- Transportation by 3 x B-double trucks to Perth for consolidation before taking advantage of the 4 x daily flights to Singapore en-route to Bangkok.
- Division of the cargo into 11 separate loads to enable immediate airfreight and individual customs clearance upon arrival (rather than waiting for the total shipment).
- Supervision of all transfer activities in Western Australia.
- Commissioning of multimodal transport to overcome limited flight schedules and capacity out of Adelaide.
- Delivery two weeks faster than solutions provided by other freight forwarders.
- Collection within 12 hours of engagement with a consolidation hub at Airland’s Perth depot.
- After determining the client’s customs requirements, Airland arranged division of all commercial and shipping documentation into 11 separate documents to ensure cargo could be delivered as it arrived in Thailand. This enabled the client to start the maintenance program five days earlier than planned.
- Airland’s quotation was considerably less than other logistics providers but provided a faster solution.
- Selection of a fast-tracked transportation method reduced missed production schedules and corresponding financial targets.
- The cargo arrived in Bangkok before other logistics providers could arrange uplift out of Australia.
- Continuous communication between our project team and the client ensured that all departments at site understood the transport status on a flight-by-flight basis.
- Although the contract scope was for airfreight only, our team engaged the client’s local customs broker and trucking company in all communication and ensured all compliance with documentation in order to avoid delays in delivery to the site.
- Full end-to-end cargo visibility throughout the entire transit time including: real time tracking of aircraft location, consolidation of daily and weekly reports, andprovision of a comprehensive load dossier (inclusive ofsafe lifting points and photographs of tie down points).
Airland provides daily support to mining and infrastructure companies throughout Asia Pacific and the world by delivering innovative, bespoke solutions to suit customers’ budgets and production requirements.